Monday, January 31, 2011

Influence

"No one is more influential in your life than you are because no one talks to you more than you do." P. Tripp


The things we tell ourselves shape who we are and who we become. "As a man thinks in his heart, so is he." That's why it's so important to think God's thoughts about any given situation. His Words are powerful and genuinely life-changing.

When things in my life seem out of control, I have to "self-talk" what God says about my life. I do it out loud if I have to! God says that He has good plans for my life, plans to prosper me and not to harm me. (Jer. 29:11.) He says He will quiet me with His love and He rejoices over me with singing (Zeph. 3:17.) He will keep me in perfect peace when my mind is steadfast, trusting in Him. (Isa. 26:3.) The peace of God will guard my heart and my mind in Christ Jesus. (Phil. 4:6). And God does not give me a spirit of fear, but of power, love and a calm, well-balanced mind and discipline and self-control.(2 Tim. 1:7.) He will never leave me or forsake me.

I choose to replace my dark thoughts with words of hope and promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment