Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Billy Brown


When my sister Janelle was very young, she had a favorite book called "Billy Brown the Babysitter" and would beg us to read it to her over and over. I have never forgotten some of the words, even this many years later. Just a few weeks ago I found a copy of that book on Ebay, well-read and loved just like the one I remember. I gave it to Janelle for her birthday. Below are some pages from the book along with a picture of my little sister and me back in 1980: I understand if you decide to skip over the pages, but to me, the book feels like home...













The story continues with Billy Brown's outrageous adventures with his little brother while his mother is away. Hilarious! And wonderful sketches by the artist--I love the expressions on Billy Brown's face on each simple sketch.

2 comments:

  1. i read the book to the boys and almost cried....i can't believe how REAL it became to me, i remember it so well, all the little things i use to stare at and pick out. THANK YOU FOR THIS THOUGHTFUL GIFT!!!
    i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is time that you created a blog, you the talented and skilled lady that you are. I first of all, want to welcome you to the world of grandparenting with your precious little granddaughter's birth. She is beautiful, and I know the great joys that await you. I will look forward to my visits here. Welcome to this fascinating world of blogging.

    ReplyDelete